March 23, 2020
Benecard is fully operational and continuing to serve you and your members during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are continually monitoring the COVID-19 situation through the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and acting accordingly.
At this time, we have employed the following measures to mitigate risk for our employees and the people we serve and to maintain operations in a safe and secure environment:
- The vast majority of our workforce is already working remotely with full access to our system and needed information.
- All team members with remote connectivity log in through our secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) to protect communications and data.
- Our Mail Order and Specialty Pharmacies remain operational and we are employing recommended hygiene and social distancing practices
- We have augmented our daily cleaning procedures at all facilities by increasing cleaning frequency and intensity.
- We have secured additional medication inventory from our suppliers for our Mail Order and Specialty Pharmacies to meet heightened demand.
- Our internal COVID-19 task force meets daily and as needed to coordinate responses to the virus situation as it evolves.
Our focus remains on the safety of our employees and the people we serve. We will continue to communicate with you as this situation evolves. We wish you good health during this difficult time. If you have any questions at all, please contact your Benecard Client Relations Manager.
For answers to frequently asked questions on COVID-19, please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html.
Please share this information with your colleagues as appropriate.